Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Humidity Factor

So, the last time I wrote I thought that the 2 mile run would be "easy" or "no problem" --not quite. Why? I think you may guess from the title of today's post. The Humidity Factor! For those of you unfamiliar with the climate down here in East Texas, it's bloody humid. So anyway, Monday's two miles were a full and hard-slogged two miles.

I knew that it was going to be the same today when I woke up to the weather and heard that it was 73 degrees at 6am (ugh). So, I just stayed in my bed until a voice in my head practically shouted, "McKenna!" She's my Tuesday run inspiration (still doing great after her bone marrow transplant btw) and, I don't know, I just thought of how much work it is for her just to get outside her room and how she still does it, how brave she is (and what a big dork I am) and I pushed myself out of bed. Still took me awhile to get on the road, but I did it. Ran four muggy miles which, in retrospect, seemed easier than the 2 from yesterday. I think once I've been going for about half-an-hour or so, things get strangely easier. Go figure!

So hey! Thanks to all of you who have donated so far, things are looking pretty good! I am about 21% to goal and at 30% to the race threshold ($3800).

See you soon!

No comments: