Thursday, January 24, 2008

Events of the week...

Alright folks! Time to get down to brass tacks (as my 10th grade French teacher used to say, much to the class' amazement and delight)...

Last weekend was a 12 mile run, though I think I only went a little over 11 'cause I screwed up the course. I still feel pretty good about it because I was running on my own and always feel like its a win when I can make myself do a long run by myself (what with water stops, etc.) Tonight, I need to make myself run 6 miles at the gym and then on Saturday I will be doing the monster training run. 20 miles. Holy crap. I am, quite frankly, sort of nervous. I've been trying to practice the marathon thing this week, you know: sleep, carbo load, drink lots of water, etc. I just need to keep pumping up, up, up.

Also, much to my never-ending relief, the fund raising minimum has been reached! I've had a number of contributors who have not yet been properly thanked, and I'm going to work on that, but I'd just like to say right here "Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have helped me out." Truly, this effort is about fighting leukemia and honoring a precious life. For those of you who have reached out to help, you are amazing! I feel honored to have all of you in my life.

The fight goes on though. If some of you are still looking for ways to help take action, consider a Leukemia and Lymphoma Society event. Honor Sean or honor someone else. Who hasn't been touched by cancer? Remember McKenna? Her family and friends do and always will, having signed up to do a marathon event in June and I'm 100% behind them. I've raised my money and now you can help the Johnson family work for McKenna here atMiles for McKenna.

Or go find a TNT event that you want to do. Let me know and we'll keep running! Let's keep fighting, people!

No comments: